So last night was the first official Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge Runner's Meeting...all I can I say is WOW! These people are so excited and pumped about running and they got me even more excited about participating. Apparently so far this year the group has raised $270,000 towards the $4.4 million goal, with some individuals having already raised over $20,000--talk about setting the bar high! Tonight is going to be one of the first of many group runs and luckily the weather in Boston is unseasonably warm--70 degrees in December! We'll be meeting up in Boston and then heading out to Wellesley to run some of the hills...I am a little nervous about it since I've mainly been training on the treadmill, but I guess it's time to really dig in and start running on the road because April will be here before I know it.
Other than that, I'm really trying to balance training with studying for my exams, and trying to fundraise all at the same time. Special thanks go out to my mother who has become the treasurer of my marathon campaign and helped me garner a lot of donations, Go Moira!!!
I'll try and keep this updated as the training continues. Also looking forward to finding out which Jimmy Fund child I will be matched with, I cannot wait to have yet another person to be running for.
Happy Holidays, xo!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment